1. Number of existing rail lines in place - two on the Frankston line, and three at Cheltenham Station (per LXRA Consultation boards). We are unaware of any expansion plans for future additional lines at this time .
2. Railway power is supplied by catenary-style overhead wiring at 1500 volts DC
3. Gauge: 1,600 mm broad gauge.
4. Only those crossings nominated by LXRA will be grade separated – in other words those not mentioned cannot be changed even if that might be a good engineering decision.
Those 11 crossings are:
- North Road in Ormond – Under Construction (Rail Under Road)
- McKinnon Road in McKinnon – Under Construction (Rail Under Road)
- Centre Road in Bentleigh – Under Construction (Rail Under Road)
- Charman Road, Cheltenham
- Balcombe Road, Mentone
- Edithvale Road, Edithvale
- Station Street/Bondi Road, Bonbeach
- Station Street, Carrum
- Eel Race Road, Carrum
- Seaford Road, Seaford
- Skye/Overton Road, Frankston
5. Track gradient is 2% maximum
6. Depth of excavation / height of ballast, track. Train and clearances: 6m
7. Width of excavation / space for two trains, separation, clearances (without platforms): 12m. (The width of the McKinnon road bridge is about 14m).
In Ground Design
The Sky Rail